Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
3341 per serving
- 1 4 lb boneless turkey breast
- 2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, (stuffing)
- 1 pounds Spanish chorizo, diced (stuffing)
- 2 medium celery, finely chopped (stuffing)
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted and finely chopped (stuffing)
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped (stuffing)
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, (stuffing)
- 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, (stuffing)
- 1/2 cup Manchego cheese, (stuffing)
- 1/2 cup fresh whipped whole milk ricotta cheese, (stuffing)
- sea salt, to taste (stuffing)
- ground black pepper, to taste (stuffing)
- 2 cup orange juice, (stuffing)
- 6 tablespoons honey, (stuffing)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange, (stuffing)
- 2 chipotles in adobo, (stuffing)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
To brine turkey breast: Bring vinegar, brown sugar, salt, mustard, and peppercorns to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve salt. Do not inhale fumes. Transfer to large, deep food-safe container. Let cool until tepid. Stir in iced water. Submerge turkey breast in brine. Refrigerate for 3 hours (no longer).
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add celery, dates, and shallot, and cook, stirring often, until celery is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and paprika. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely. Stir in cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
Remove turkey from brine, rinse under cold water, and blot dry with paper towels.
Place the turkey breast on the cutting board with skin side down. Flatten with your hands, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil to moisten. Spread stuffing on top and roll the turkey around the stuffing. Wrap kitchen twine around breast and tie tightly.
Place turkey in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until internal temperature of the turkey breast is 165 degrees F, about 1 hour or 12 to 15 minutes per pound. Make glaze while turkey is in oven by heating orange juice and honey over medium high heat and reducing to 1 cup. Add in zest and chipotle. Remove from heat and glaze turkey a couple times during last 30 minutes of cooking.
Let rest 10 minutes, then snip off kitchen twine. Slice the turkey and arrange decoratively on serving platter. Pour pan juices over the slices and serve with remaining glaze on side.