By Chef David Blackmon Nutrition Facts per 2-piece serving: Diabetic exchanges: 97 calories (64% calories from fat), 7 g protein, 7 g total fat (1.7 g saturated fat), 1 g carbohydrates, 0 dietary fiber, 27 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium 1 medium fat protein, 1/2 fat
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
915 per serving
- 3 pounds chicken wings (about 21 to 22 wings), separated at joints, wing tips discarded
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons cracked fresh pepper
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoons lime zest, grated
- 2 long strips orange zest, curled into spirals for garnish
- 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges for garnish
- 2 fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Rinse chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Lay in a single layer in a large glass baking dish.
In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients except orange zest spirals, lime wedges, and cilantro sprigs for garnish. Pour mixture over the chicken wings. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning chicken wings several times.
Next Day: Preheat oven to 350°F
Remove chicken wings from marinade and arrange in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake chicken wings for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour marinade into a saucepan, place on the stove and bring to a full boil; reduce by half, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
Remove the wings from the oven and preheat the broiler.
Brush the wings with the reduced marinade and broil, 4 to 6 inches from source of heat, until wings are crisp and brown, turning wings 2 or 3 times and brushing with marinade.
To serve, arrange the wings on a heated serving platter. Garnish with spirals of orange zest, lime wedges, and cilantro sprigs. Serve warm.