A yogurt-based breading coats this chicken dish in savory flavor. Tangy Dijon mustard provides the perfect accent.
2430 per serving
- 2 cup plain yogurt, unflavored
- 3 cloves garlic, can reduce to 2 if desired
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pounds chicken breast, cut into one-inch strips
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, small cubes
Pour yogurt into a mixing bowl. Peel and mince garlic; add garlic and garlic powder to the yogurt. Chop up a small amount of fresh parsley and add it to the yogurt. Add lemon juice. Mix together to combine.
Rinse chicken and pat it dry. Sprinkle with (kosher) salt and pepper.
In another bowl, place the bread crumbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir lightly.
Butter a baking dish. With a pair of tongs, place the chicken, one piece at a time into the yogurt mixture. Turn it over thoroughly to coat. Then roll the chicken in the Panko bread crumbs. Cover each piece thoroughly with bread crumbs and place in the baking dish.
Place cubed butter over the large part of each chicken piece. Cover with foil and bake in a 350º oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking. When the chicken is nice and golden, remove from the oven. Serve with Dijon mustard.