If there is one holiday I love it is Thanksgiving. Any holiday that focuses on all of the blessings of the year around a dinner table filled with those I love is definitely a holiday that I love to celebrate. Oftentimes though, the details of holiday preparation and decorating can interfere with the things that really should matter the most. Today I wanted to share with you a beautiful and effortless centerpiece you can create for your table with some items you have on hand combined with a few items from your local grocer.
- A wooden tray or even a desk or side table drawer (check thrift shops or raid your own home)
- 1 tall glass vase
- Bare branches from your backyard or trees
- 4 mini orange pumpkins
- 3 mini white pumpkins
- Assorted gourds
- 2-3 branches of leaves, dried flowers, or even feathers
Instructions for Making Your Centerpiece
- Begin by filling your glass vase with mini pumpkins, leaving a little room at the top for your branches to nestle.
- Add your branches to the top of your glass vase, using the pumpkins to add a little height to the limbs.
- We want to add a little texture to the bottom of our tray, so add a few dried flowers, leaves, or even some beautiful feathers to drape alongside your vase. You can add more or less depending on the size of the tray or drawer that you are using.
- Add your white pumpkins to the interior of your tray and then scatter the gourds around the flowers and pumpkins to add a little dimension and to fill in any holes.
- Place your centerpiece on your Thanksgiving table and enjoy the beauty all season long.