Learn how to make this healthy summertime grilled eggplant parmesan recipe from the Kenmore in-house chef Kari Karch.
1429 per serving
- 1-1/3 cup shredded four-cheese mix or pizza cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1-1/4 cup canned plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Stir cheese mix, breadcrumbs, and 1/3 cup basil in medium bowl to blend. Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Sprinkle eggplant and tomatoes with salt and pepper. Brush 1 side of eggplant slices with some oil. Grill, oiled side down, until bottom side is tender and grill marks appear, about 3 minutes. Brush second side of eggplant slices with more oil; turn over and top grilled side with tomatoes, then cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Drizzle with remaining oil. Cover and grill until tomatoes are tender and cheese melts, about 20 minutes. Transfer eggplant slices to plates. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and serve.