New to the smoothie trend or just looking to pick up a few helpful tips to blend in your routine? Below are a couple of simple blender tricks that make a huge difference to getting you that perfect, smooth quality.
- Use frozen fruits to avoid watered down drinks that come from using ice.
- For heartier shakes, use peanut butter or nuts.
- Add tofu for extra protein with super fruity smoothies.
- Add the liquid first. It’s easier on the blender and helps move things quickly.
- When making shakes with leafy greens like kale or spinach, blend your greens and liquids first, then add the other ingredients after.
- For better texture, add nut butters, avocado, cooked oatmeal, Greek yogurt or coconut oil.
- Start at the lowest speed and slowly work your way to the high speeds to avoid air bubbles and shaking.
When the blending is all done, simply add some dish soap and warm water to your container and blend until clean!
Do you have any blender, shake or smoothie tips of your own? Share them in the comments below!