This is Phil Radke’s recipe from Kenmore Greatest Generations of Grilling Cook Off recipes at the Ohio State Fair.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
287 per serving
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin, cut in cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut in wedges
- 5 pieces of precooked thick bacon, cut in fourths
- 8 ounces package baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and cut in pedals
- 1 teaspoons black cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cup Cabernett wine
Blend spices for rub together in a small bowl. Rub mixture into tenderloin pieces and refrigerate for two hours.
Make wine sauce by cooking the shallots in butter in a medium skillet on side burner of grill. Cook over medium heat until tender. Add garlic, spices and wine, continuing to cook until reduced by half. Keep warm until ready to serve (cover and refrigerate if making it a day ahead).
Thread meat, pepper, bacon, mushrooms and onion pedals onto four presoaked 10-inch bamboo skewers. Continue this patter to fill all four skewers.
Cook on preheated grill over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning over once, until meat is cooked to desired tenderness (145 degrees for rare, up to 170 degrees for well done). Let kabobs rest 5 minutes, brush with wine sauce then serve.