Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
197 per serving
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, Crust
- 1/4 teaspoons salt, Crust
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, Crust
- 1/2 cup (or 1 stick) unsalted butter, Crust
- 5 tablespoons ice cold water, Crust
- 6 cup thinly sliced, peeled apples (3 cups Granny Smith & 3 cups Golden Delicious), Filling
- 1 cup red raspberries, Filling
- 3/4 cup sugar, Filling
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, Filling
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, Filling
- 1 tablespoons corn starch, Filling
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg, Filling
- 1/4 teaspoons salt, Filling
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, Filling
Step 1: Crust
To create the crust, in a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, and the salt. Using a pastry blender incorporate the very cold butter (cut into very small pieces) into the flour, cinnamon, and salt mixture until crumbs form.
Step 2: Crust
Add ice cold water, 1 Tbsp at a time, until a dough forms. You may use 2 forks or your hands to create this dough. Create a ball, place in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Preheat your oven to 425 F.
Step 4: Crust
On a floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll each dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit one crust over a 9-inch pie pan. Trim excess dough leaving a 1-inch overhang.
Step 1: Filling
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the raspberries and corn starch. Carefully spoon 1/2 of the mixture into the pie pan and then randomly spread the raspberries blended with corn starch over the mixture. Finish the rest of the filling with the remaining mixture.
Step 5: Crust
Top the pie pan and filling with the second crust. Wrap the excess crust under the bottom crust, press edges together to create a seal. Cut thin slits into the top crust.
Bake for 40-45 mins or until the crust is a golden brown. Cover the edges with foil when the pie begins to brown, preventing the crust from over-browning or burning.
Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack.