Fruit salad is something almost every family has their own version of. Brighten up your day with this new way to serve fruit salad! Grilled Fruit Salad is a pretty and different take on the traditional fruit salad, combining sweet fruit like pineapples, peaches, nectarines and pears, and tops it with honey mint syrup and feta cheese. The feta cheese makes this grilled fruit salad recipe a little more grown up and sophisticated with the sweet and savory flavor combinations.
216 per serving
- 1/2 whole pineapple, cored and cubed
- 2 firm peaches, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 firm nectarines, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 firm bartlett pear, seeded and slice in half
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh julienned mint
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- fresh cracked black pepper
Grill the fruit until they are charred, but not too soft or mushy. Set aside and let cool.
In a small sauce pot, put the honey and water over medium heat, and heat just until the honey and water are incorporated into a syrup. Turn off the flame. Add fresh mint, and stir.
Place the grilled fruit on a serving platter. Drizzle with honey syrup and vinegar. Top with crumbled feta cheese and fresh cracked pepper and serve.