I love to grill and shrimp is the perfect, great everyday meal because it’s quick and delicious! Mojo is a delicious sauce and marinade used in Hispanic cooking. It is a delicious combination of citrus juices, tons of garlic, fresh cilantro, cumin, paprika and a little heat from jalapenos or Serrano peppers. Mojo sauce is incredibly easy to make and it will turn simple grilled shrimp into a flavor explosion that is simply delicioso!
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
373 per serving
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeo pepper, deveined and seeded
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, spices, juices and olive oil. Whisk all the ingredients.
In another mixing bowl, add the shrimp and marinate it with about half of the mojo sauce for about 15-25 minutes.
Then, grill the shrimp until both sides turn that beautiful bright pink color. Once the shrimp turn pink, immediately take them off the grill. Serve on a platter with the other half of the mojo sauce for dipping.