Learn how to make this easy and delicious Hawaiian ahi poke recipe from the Kenmore in-house Chef Kari Karch!
152 per serving
- 2 pounds fresh or sashimi-grade Ahi tuna steaks, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, (tops included)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 (or 2) chili pepper, cored, seeded, and finely minced
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1/3 cup chives
- 1/4 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 package of wonton skins
- Peanut oil for frying
Heat enough oil in a heavy-bottom pot to 350*. Cut wonton skins into triangles and fry a couple at a time till golden. Drain on paper towel.
Slice ahi tuna into tiny bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, combine tuna, soy sauce, chives, green onions, sesame oil, ginger, chili peppers, salt, sesame seeds, sriracha sauce, salt & pepper to taste and mix lightly.
Serve 1 teaspoon on each wonton crisp and garnish with chives