Skillet dishes have become a staple in our home providing a perfectly balanced meal in less than 30 minutes. This dish, packed with flavor and texture, transports loaded potato to a whole new level.
605 per serving
- 4 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 cup yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup each, red and yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan shavings
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
In a cast iron skillet, brown pancetta in 2 Tbsp olive oil; remove with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add onions and bell peppers to skillet; cook over medium/high heat till browned; add garlic, salt and pepper (to taste); cook for another minute; remove with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add remaining olive oil to skillet; cook diced potatoes till fork tender, using a spatula to move potatoes around for even cooking; add onion/pepper mixture, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and more salt and pepper if desired; set aside.
In a non-stick skillet, fry eggs in butter; top hash with fried eggs; sprinkle with pancetta, basil, and parmesan shavings. Enjoy any time of day!