Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
837 per serving
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, Crust
- 1/4 teaspoons salt, Crust
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cubed, Crust
- 1/4 cup shortening, chilled and cubed, Crust
- 6 tablespoons ice water, Crust
- 3 eggs, Filling
- 1 cup clover honey, Filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, Filling
- 1 teaspoons almond extract, Filling
- 1 teaspoons fresh raspberries, Filling
- 1 cup flour, Streusel
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon, Streusel
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and cubed, Streusel
- 1/4 cup chopped black walnuts, Streusel
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, Streusel
Step 1: Crust
In a medium bowl, mix flour and salt. Cut in butter and shortening until pea sized crumbs.
Step 2: Crust
Slowly add ice water, mixing until dough comes together. Flatten dough in a circle, wrap, and place in freezer for 15 mins.
Step 3: Crust
Roll out chilled dough into a 10-inch circle and place in a 9-inch glass pan. Cover with foil and pie weights (dry beans) and bake for 15 mins.
Step 4: Crust
Remove foil and weights and bake for another 10 mins.
Step 1: Streusel
While crust is baking: Mix streusel; combine/mix flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter.
Step 2: Streusel
Divide streusel in half, adding nuts to only half of streusel mixture.
Step 1: Filling
Mix filling, beat eggs till foamy, add honey, butter, and extract.
Step 2: Filling
Add the NON-NUT streusel to filling and stir. Pour filling into crust. Top with raspberries. Sprinkle the remainder of the NUT streusel over top.
Cover edges of pie crust with foil to prevent over browning.
Bake 45-50 mins at 400 F.