The kitchen is the heart of the home, and people choose to remodel it for various reasons. Some want to sell their home and remodel the kitchen to make it more appealing to potential buyers. Others are just looking to freshen up the overall look and feel with some newer appliances. No matter what the reason, Kenmore appliances are here to help you make your dream kitchen a reality.
first things first
Before you break out the paint swatches and granite samples, bust out the measuring tape. You’ll be glad you did before falling in love with an appliance that won’t fit your space.
Start by measuring your space’s height, depth and width and then take these additional measurements into consideration:
- How far will the door(s) need to swing open into your kitchen?
- Add an extra inch of space behind the refrigerator for the ventilation system.
- Measure your doorways, too. The refrigerator has to get into your home somehow!
Wall Ovens and Ranges
- Consider how far the oven door will swing into your kitchen.
- Considering a double oven? Measure for two oven doors or, depending on the configuration, one microwave door and one oven door.
- Most built-in dishwashers are 24″ wide but measure yours again, just to be sure.
- If you’re replacing your kitchen floors, factor in the elevation of the new floor to account for the available space between the floor and the countertop.
nail down your style
Choosing the perfect appliance color and finish is important to complement your kitchen’s new color scheme.
Want to add a touch of modern sophistication to your home? Consider black stainless steel appliances with a fingerprint-resistant finish to clean everyday messes with ease.Maybe you’re remodeling because you want to sell your home? If this is the case, we recommend the always in-style choice of stainless steel appliances.
Nothing screams style and sophistication like a kitchen full of clean, white appliances. The pure white perfectly complements any neutral color scheme and contrasts beautifully with more dramatic colors like blues, dark grays and greens.
But, remember, never shop for color alone. Consider the appliance’s features and functionality options that best suit your lifestyle.
fit your needs
Some like to entertain in the kitchen and need appliances that match their culinary savvy. Others look for appliances that keep up with their busy lives to help them stay amazing in and out of the kitchen. As you begin to shop for appliances, take everything from style to functionality into account. By doing so, you’ll find appliances that match your lifestyle.
find your fridge
Let’s start the journey to your new kitchen at the refrigerator — where food should always be fresh, delicious and organized. Here, you’ll find crisper bins that better protect your produce, shelves and drawers that adapt to your needs, and even refrigerators synced to your smartphone for control and operation anywhere.
- Do I plan on entertaining?
- How much storage do I need?
- Do I like the customized look of a built-in refrigerator or am I going for a more seamless, counter-depth style?
reveal your range
Now that you’ve got the fridge squared away, it’s time to think about how you want to boil your pasta water, simmer your sauces and cook your roasts. Our cooktops, ovens and ranges have the innovative technology and features you need to cook faster, bake with precision and broil with ease.
- How often do I cook and bake?
- Do I host for the holidays and have room for a double-oven configuration?
mind your microwave
This may not be considered a major appliance, but it really is more important than you think. Make sure to find a good one. Our microwaves come with amazing features that help take the guesswork out of cooking, with pre-programmed buttons and sensors that adjust to the moisture levels in your food — and that look good while doing it.
- Do I have the counter space to support a microwave?
- Am I looking for an over-the-range microwave with a vent?
- How big or small are the dishes I use to cook with?
discover your dishwasher
No kitchen is complete without its workhorse — the dishwasher. And when it comes to dishes, no one cleans and dries better* than Kenmore. Featuring amazing cleaning technology, energy- saving cycles and removable third racks to maximize every inch of space, you’ll spend less time worrying about the dishes and more time doing anything else.
- How many place settings will my dishwasher need to fit?
- Is ultra-quiet operation important?
- Could I use a third rack for cleaning chef’s knives, spatulas and cooking spoons?
- Do I have little hands in the kitchen that make it hard to keep surfaces clean?
small kitchen appliance. big difference.
Sort of like the cherry on top, these small kitchen appliances add to the ease and convenience of your new kitchen.
multitask with ease
Need to keep your side dishes warm while the rest of the meal cooks? Consider a Kenmore® warming drawer. The flush-front design seamlessly blends into cabinetry, while the drawer itself holds several dishes at the perfect fresh-out-of-the-oven temperature until the rest of the meal is ready.
trash made more manageable
Want to reduce your waste by 80%? Durable and sleek, Kenmore® trash compactors can turn four or five bags of garbage into one manageable bag, limiting your number of trips to the curb. Available in several styles and colors to complement any kitchen, our compactors really break down the bulk and look good while doing it.
Wake up to the invigorating aroma of coffee with a Kenmore® programmable coffee & espresso maker. Push-button functionality lets you brew an entire pot or a single shot of espresso — while the stainless steel design looks great on any countertop. All our coffee makers brew an amazing cup of coffee, but this model lets you choose the coarseness of your grind and the strength of your brew, so it’s always just the way you like it.
There you have it! The complete guide to finding the perfect Kenmore® appliances for your kitchen remodel. Make sure to bookmark this post for reference later on if you need a little extra help during the decision-making process.
*Among leading brands with stainless steel tubs using default dry on select models.