Learn how to make an easy lemon squares recipe from the Kenmore in-house chef Kari Karch.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
345 per serving
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar plus 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 stick cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Coat an 8-x-8-x-2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray; set pan aside. 2. In a small mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat mixture onto the bottom of prepared pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. 3. Meanwhile, in the same bowl, combine egg and egg white. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Add remaining sugar and flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, and baking powder. Beat on medium 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour mixture over baked layer in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until edges are light brown and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. 4. Sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into 16 bars. Store in refrigerator.