- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. fresh ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 packages pre-made taco seasoning mixed with 1 cup water
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed from the husk (or equivalent canned or frozen)
- 1 14.5 ounce can cooked black beans, drained
- 1 can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, finely sliced
- 1 pkg. homemade corn tortillas
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, mashed with lime or lemon juice and salt
- Sour cream
- Fresh roasted tomato salsa
Serve with (optional):
- 1Beef filling: In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and sauté onions until almost translucent. Add ground beef and salt; cook over medium heat until thoroughly cooked. Add two packages of taco seasoning with water and tomatoes. Simmer for a few minutes. Add corn, black beans, black olives and cilantro. Toss all together. Remove from heat.
- 2Assemble: Layer tortillas and meat mixture in a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with green onions and cheese. Repeat, finishing with cheese on top.
- 3Bake: Cook in a 350-degree preheated oven for a minimum of 30-40 minutes. If it gets too brown, cover with foil until finished cooking.
- 4Serve: If you like, serve with the avocado, sour cream and roasted tomato salsa.
You can also see how to make this recipe by watching the video below.