Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
398 per serving
- 1 cup flour, Crust
- 1/3 cup plus 1Tbsp shortening, Crust
- 5 tablespoons cold water, Crust
- 1/2 teaspoons salt, Crust
- 8 large peaches (approx 3-1/2 lbs), Peach Filling
- 1 cup sugar, Peach Filling
- 1/3 cup flour, Peach Filling
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg, Peach Filling
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, Peach Filling
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice, Peach Filling
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted, Peach Filling
- 3 tablespoons milk, for brushing on the top of pie
- 3 tablespoons sugar, if you want to sprinkle on top of pie
- 1 teaspoons china cinnamon, if you want to sprinkle on top of pie also
Step 1: Crust
Cut the shortening, flour and salt until particles are about the size of a small pea.
Step 2: Crust
Sprinkle in the water, 1 Tbsp at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans the side of the bowl. (1 - 2 Tbsp of water can be added if necessary).
Step 3: Crust
Gather into a ball and refrigerate. Roll out the pie crust to fit the 9-inch pie pan.
Step 1: Filling
Peel and slice peaches.
Step 2: Filling
Add sugar, flour, and nutmeg.
Step 3: Filling
Put mixture on crust in 9-1/2 inch deep pie pan and dot with butter.
Put on the top crust. You can use a full crust with slits cut into it for easy venting, a pie bird in the center for venting, or a lattice crust if you wish. Brush the top of the pie crust with 1 Tbsp milk and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon (Optional).
Bake at 425 for 50 mins. Cool before serving. Some may like to serve it warm with vanilla ice cream on the top.