I love the days when I get to play Iron Chef in my kitchen and try out some new recipes on my friends. This week I was cleaning out my pantry and came up with the fun idea to do a chicken ‘tortilla-less’ soup. I love the crunch of tortillas so instead, I tossed in some crunchy zucchini right before serving! Saves on calories and just as tasty…Happy Eating!
61 per serving
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast, skin discarded and meat diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons crushed red pepper flake
- 1 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons coriander
- 1 15 oz. can white kidney beans
- 6 cup homemade chicken stock
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- handful fresh cilantro
In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion. Saute for 2 minutes. Add in the garlic, crushed red pepper flake, cumin, and coriander. Cook for 1 minute. Add in beans and shredded chicken then season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes. Toss in the zucchini and turn off heat. Place soup into bowls and garnish with avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!