Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
1775 per serving
- 2 tablespoons butter, (for Rarebit)
- 2 tablespoons flour, (for Rarebit)
- 1 tablespoons Dortmunder Gold, (for Rarebit)
- 2 strips of bacon, minced (for Rarebit)
- 1/4 onion, minced (for Rarebit)
- 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (for Rarebit)
- salt, to taste (for Rarebit)
- pretzel bread, (for bread sticks)
- butter, melted (for bread sticks)
Method (for Rarebit)
In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the minced onions, sweating until soft and translucent. Add the flour and stir into a paste. Cook for about 2 minutes before adding the beer. Stir the pot vigorously and the paste will thicken the beer to a sauce consistency. Add the cheese and stir until smooth and incorporated. Add the bacon and season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Method (for bread sticks)
Cut the bread into sticks, toss or brush with the melted butter, and bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.