Getting kids to eat their vegetables is a never-ending battle. This recipe for Roasted Agave-Glazed Cauliflower & Carrots enhances the natural sweetness in carrots and caramelizes cauliflower for this great side dish. Try it tossed with short cut pasta and a drizzle of olive oil and fresh lemon juice to make it a complete meal.
112 per serving
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, gently toss the cauliflower and carrots in with the olive oil, salt & pepper, and agave nectar.
Place the veggies on a large cookie sheet and roast for 30 minutes, uncovered. Serve as a side or as the main dish in a salad, or with pasta.