I like to play my own version of Iron Chef, Top Chef, and Chopped all rolled into one when I’m at the Kenmore studios working in my kitchens. On days we are not shooting recipe videos, I usually come up with some nifty new recipes to make the staff for lunch. I think this one was a winner!
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
565 per serving
- 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 4 oz salmon fillet pieces
- 4 cup arugula leaves
- 2 small plum tomato, quartered
- 4 baby red potatoes, boiled and quartered
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
To make the vinaigrette..
Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Set dressing aside until ready to use.
To cook the salmon...
Heat a small saute pan to high heat. Add in 1 tsp. olive oil and season the salmon on both sides. Sear both sides for 3 minutes each. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
For the salad...
In a large bowl, place the arugula, tomatoes, potatoes, peas, and avocado. Lay the salmon pieces on top. Drizzle with dijon caper vinaigrette.