Barbecue chicken makes a tasty sandwich. Pile some of this on your favorite bread, and we’re sure you’ll agree.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
351 per serving
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped, plus 2 tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 12 slices bread, toasted
Combine all sauce ingredients in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring to heat through and blend flavors, 10 to 12 minutes. Do not boil. Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 2 weeks.
Pour half the sauce in a bowl, reserving the other half for later. Brush chicken with sauce, discarding any leftovers. Barbecue chicken on an indoor or outdoor grill until cooked (about 6 minutes a side); cool. Shred chicken by pulling it apart with fingers or shred in food processor. Add half of reserved barbecue sauce (or more if you like a heavier coating). Put chicken on toast and serve immediately.