Spicy, saucy, and sensational! That’s how I would describe this south of the border salad. It will whisk you off to the warmer climate in just one bite! Happy Eating!
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
28 per serving
- 4 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled queso anejo
- salt and pepper
- Tequila vinaigrette, recipe with directions
- Corn tortilla strips, fried in a deep fryer, for garnish
Toss all ingredients together in a large presentation bowl. Garnish with cilantro. Top with vinaigrette. Tequila Vinaigrette: cup chopped fresh cilantro cup orange juice 2 tablespoons lime juice 1 -2 tablespoon tequila 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 -2 tablespoon honey teaspoon black pepper 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper Shake all ingredients in a mason jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week.