Learn how to make this delicious sweet potato and mushroom veggie burger recipe from the Kenmore in-house chef Kari Karch!
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
1285 per serving
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, small dice
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 cup fresh arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (used at different times)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 medium-sized red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rings
- 2 vine-ripe tomato, thick slices
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard, (1 Tbsp per bun)
- 1 small lemon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a sheet pan, toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Set aside to cool.
Heat a saut pan to medium high heat and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cook mushrooms until water has evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown. Remove and let cool.
In a food processor, mix together the mushrooms, quinoa, panko, egg, spices & potatoes until well combined. Oil hands & form into four flat patties, about 3/4-inch thick. Season w/ salt & pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties until they reach a deep golden brown and are cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side.
While they cook, slice up tomatoes & red onion
Top each bun with a dollop of Dijon mustard, burger patty, onion, tomato, arugula, and avocado slices. (squeeze lemon onto avocado) Sprinkle with a little gorgonzola cheese, a crack of black pepper and place on the top bun. Happy Eating!