I am a complete vegetarian and a foodie. I always want to experiment and believe "ANYONE CAN COOK". Great cooking runs in my family and my mom is an awesome cook. I came up with this idea to replace meat balls with vegetable balls to satisfy my taste buds being 100% vegetarian.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
417 per serving
- 2-2/5 ounces Cauliflower, Grated
- 2-2/5 ounces Carrot, Grated
- 2-2/5 ounces Cottage Cheese, Grated
- 2/5 ounces spring onion, Chopped
- 1 Green Chili
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoons Corn Starch
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Dried bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoons Garlic, Crushed
- 1 teaspoons Ginger Paste
- 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- Pinch of dry Basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoons Red Chili Falkes
- 1 large tomato, Chopped
- 3 tablespoons Mushroom Sauce
- 1 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 small potato, Boiled and mashed
- Few peeled Orange chunks, Make sure to remove all the white parts
- 1 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, For making sauce
- 250 ml of water, Adjust per your desired sauce thickness
Step 1 : Prepare the vegetable ball mixture
In a large bowl add grated cauliflower, carrot, cottage cheese, green chili, spring onion, all purpose flower, corn starch, salt to taste, cumin powder, black pepper, red chili powder. Mix it well and prepare a dough of out of it.
Step 2: Prepare vegetable balls and fry it
Scoop and roll the mixture in about 1 inch balls. Add oil to the deep fryer and fry the vegetable balls until it turns golden brown. Take out the fried vegetable balls on a paper towel and keep it aside.
Step 3: Prepare sauce
Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add chopped onions to the pan and stir it till it gets translucent. Add crushed bay leaf, crushed garlic, ginger paste, oregano leaves, basil, red chili flakes and saute it for 30 seconds. Then, add chopped tomatoes, ketchup, mushroom sauce and cook it till tomatoes turns soft and mushy. Now, add mashed potato, hot sauce and orange chunks and mix it well. Add warm water in the end, mix it again and bring the sauce to simmer.
Step 4 : Add vegetable balls in sauce
Add vegetable balls to the sauce and cook it uncovered for 3 minutes on medium heat. Serve it with fried rice or noodles!!! Enjoy eating :).