Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
331 per serving
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, scooped and leveled
- 2 tablespoons additional whole wheat pastry flour, scooped and leveled
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, scooped and leveled
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ, raw or toasted
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment and preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a medium bowl, mix together flours, cornstarch, wheat germ and salt.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar for about 1 minute. Add vanilla extract and mix for 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Press the dough into the pan. Score lightly into 1-inch by 2 ¼-inch fingers. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the shortbread is light brown at the edges.
When cooled completely, cut into fingers along the score marks. If kept in an airtight container, the shortbread will keep for two weeks or more.