One of the easiest appetizers to make and one of the most requested from all of my friends. The trick is to rub the crostini with the whole garlic clove to infuse a ton of flavor. Happy Eating!
51 per serving
- 1 french baguette
- 5 large heirloom tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced, plus one whole clove
- 1 whole bunch fresh basil
- fresh cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
1. Slice baguette into inch thick pieces, set aside 2. In a medium bowl, place a colander that fits into the bowl and add tomatoes and salt. 3. Let tomatoes drain off their juice for 10 minutes. 4. Toss tomatoes with garlic, basil, and pepper. 5. While the tomatoes are draining, heat olive oil in a large saut pan. Fry baguette slices on both sides till golden brown. 6. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel then rub with whole garlic clove. 7. Whip ricotta with whisk in a small bowl then spread about 1 tablespoon onto each slice. 8. Top with tomato mixture and drizzle a good quality olive oil over the top.