No matter how much you love your Kenmore washer and dryer, laundry is still one of those tasks you try to slog through as quickly as possible so you can get to the really fun stuff. Take a shortcut to funtown with this list of tips and tricks to make laundry day a little easier.
1. Presort as you go. Use a hamper with compartments or multiple clothes baskets to sort your laundry everyday. Put whites in one compartment, darks in another and colors in a third. You’ll have presorted loads all ready to go.
2. Put small items in mesh bags. Keep your socks and other small things in mesh bags to keep them together. In lieu of mesh bags, you can also safety pin your socks together to keep them mated for life. Or at least for the life of the laundry cycle.
3. Add a dry towel to the dryer. When drying just a few things, especially smaller items, adding a dry towel can help the items tumble more efficiently. This will shorten dryer time and makes your clothes a little fluffier.
4. Prep your clothes before they go in the hamper. Turn dark jeans inside out when you take them off and empty the pockets. Turn t-shirts and other clothes right side out before they get tossed in the hamper.
5. Pre-treat stains before they set in. That coffee stain on your favorite shirt isn’t going to magically disappear. And you’re likely to forget about it by the time laundry day rolls around. Pre-treat stains before the clothes even hit the hamper.